Sunday, April 30, 2006

Good life

I have figured out that I am at my best when I am not tired to think. I am jovial, social, bearable, joyful and not painful to Nidhi. I may not think about the most productive things in this world, rather never, but it keeps me going. I get most frustrated when I haven’t thought some arbit idea, I think is good, for sometime. This is not to say that I am a basket full of genius ideas, but whatever they are they keep me fresh and most importantly, as I have said, bearable.

There are few things that have come to my mind that I need to do to be that way.

One of them is to just write ideas, big and small, that I have come across in life and felt good or got wowed. The idea may or may not be mine. I may have read it, discussed it, heard it, or overheard it. I feel that I have come across infinite amount of them, as anybody would have. Some of the ideas that I think are great or genius may seem mundane or plane obvious to others. Some may make people feel that I am so stupid that I think of simple plain thoughts as idea-e-genius. So be it.

When I come across something that I don’t know of, there is a strong urge in me to find out. Most of the time, the situation does not permit the discovery at that instant and it gets lost. I want to make sure I pen it down so that it does not get missed. A time will come when I can find out or figure out. This is the second thing I need to do. The list may pile up big and expose my lack of knowledge to myself. So be it.

When I think about my job, career, learning etc, I find one thing very important. Unless I innovate in what I am doing, no job would interest me. So I want to come up with one new thing every fortnight that is new and a step forward. And if I ever feel that my job does not permit this, because of whatever reason, I should quit in search of something new. Else I would be neither doing justice to myself nor the job. I may become a eternal searcher. So be it.

So here I am writing these things down in the middle of the night, though I have had a tiring day. And of course there will be an evaluator for all these. Yes, Nidhi is the chosen one :). No timelines. No deadlines. No pressure. Free mind. Good ideas. Good life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home